Top 5 Autumn/Winter trend 2012
- Leisure Suits: Prints are now everywhere. And judging by the latest collections from Prada, Miu Miu, Stella McCartney and other designers the more we use prints the better. One of the key trends of the Fall/Winter 2012/ 2013 season is leisure suits which come fully covered with bold, often bright and eye-catchy, prints. Wear them with either monotone pieces to keep your outfit well-balanced, or pair them with other printed items to make a contrast.
- Oriental Fashion: Oriental fashion with its extensive use of luxurious fabrics and huge attention to details has always been attractive for Western fashionistas. We like unusual colors, vibrant prints and immaculate tailoring as much as we like the fact Asian women can look sexy and seductive without showing too much.
- Military: Neither of us likes the idea of war or any military operations but it is a fact that we keep hearing of these almost daily, which has had to affect our vision of fashion. And it seems like during the Fall/Winter 2012/ 2013 season military trend will be quite strong. Every designer from Victoria Beckham to Salvatore Ferragamo has demonstrated their works inspired by military trend. All of them are quite simple and comfy like real military clothing but of course the fabrics are softer and designs are more adapted to women’s shapes.
- Gothic: Gothic inspires many collections nowadays but it has become a really big theme during the Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 season. Black leather and velvet, long silhouettes, various cross details (remember Versace range?) and frightening makeup are just a few characteristics of this style.
- Peplums: Peplums have been very popular this summer and they will be as trendy during the Fall/ Winter 2012/ 2013 fashion season. However, you will hardly be able to wear your summer peplums this fall. You don’t want extra color any more. New peplums are darker and classier. They mostly come on cocktail dresses and skirt suits.
This entry was posted in Fashion
and tagged Fall/winter 2012 trends
. Bookmark the permalink